2008-01-19

Flatbed scanner calibration

I got tired with the results of my flatbed scanner EPSON Perfection 2400 PHOTO. I use scanner's own software EPSON Scan Ver. 2.65 A and scanning results were far out from that I was hopeing.
I did use earlier ColorChecker chart to calibrate my cameras. See my article for ACR Calibration earlier in my blog. Now I used same method to calibrate my scanner too.
My scanner is not capable to output any raw format but ACR 4.3 can open tiff or jpg files. I did scan ColorChecker chart in tiff format and used that for calibration script in Photoshop.
Script is calculating correction values for ACR calibration page.


"Open as" command will open scanned file in ACR. There I will adjust white balance, add saved calibration parameters and all other needed corrections for a photo in ACR.


If you see measured values for green channel "Green Sat= 100" that is now max. Missing saturation I can adjust for green color on ACR HSL page.

Move mouse over to see photo with calibrated parameters.

Ei kommentteja: